Sales Development Executive
StoryShare is a market disruptor in the HCM (Human Capital Management) market. We exist so employees can love their work. Our innovative and mobile centric EXP (Employee Experience Platform) is changing the way organisations engage with their workforce by delivering highly personalised communication and learning services to millions of workers around the globe anytime, anywhere on any device.
Our success means we are growing fast and are now looking for an enthusiastic Sales Development Executive (SDE) to join our high-energy and passionate team. This role will allow the right candidate to excel in the short term while also providing a gateway to develop into a Field Sales Executive role.
The primary objective of the role is to generate quality new business leads for the company that will convert into new sales. You will work closely with the Marketing and Field Sales Executives to ensure the experience we deliver to prospective clients is first class and our proposition is compelling. As you progress, you will be exposed to RFP responses, customer webinars/demo’s, sales pipeline management and the management of marketing campaigns. During this time a development path will be in place to support your move to a field sales role.
You will be an excellent communicator and have superior people skills. You will be comfortable – and even enjoy – presenting concepts and products. You will have experience of prospecting, cold calling, managing a sales process and handling objections on the phone.
You will be a pivotal member of the sales team and the wider company. Your success will not only be defined by meeting sales targets but also by your ability to contribute to the sales and marketing team and the wider business.
- Meet quarterly, monthly and weekly sales targets as set by the sales manager.
- Effective forecasting of leads, opportunities and sales.
- Follow and manage a sales development process and methodology to effectively qualify leads.
- Contact potential prospects, and existing customers, to understand and discuss their business needs and then align our service offerings.
- Answer questions and objections about our StoryShare offerings, including in the context of our competition.
- Liaise effectively with the field sales team to handover and manage leads.
- Maintain timely and accurate information, reports and activities on our CRM system.
- Manage the process of booking and reporting new orders and other associated customer administration to support an effective sales process.
- Proactively contribute to marketing campaigns and sales improvement.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the team.
- Own and drive your development plan.
- Go the “extra mile” to meet sales quota and facilitate sales.
- Minimum of 18-24 months experience as an SDE or similar sales/customer service role.
- Preference for Hons Degree 2.1 or above.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting and exceeding sales quota, preferably over the phone.
- Good knowledge of relevant SaaS software (e.g. CRM, ERP, Marketing software).
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal. A second language is an advantage but not essential.
- Self -starter, highly motivated and driven.
- Can do attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communicator.
- Cool-tempered and able to bounce back quickly from rejection.
- Outstanding negotiation skills, with the ability to resolve issues.
- Strong team player.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org